Just picked-up a brand new Samsung Galaxy S Aviator (SCH-R930) from US Cellular and want to root it? Want to remove the bloatware that the device has come loaded with? No problem, we’ll help you do that. Rooting’s actually a process to get access to system-level files on an Android device and once it’s done, you can remove any system apps as well as add new ones to your device. This guide should help you root your Galaxy S Aviator smartphone to get access to system files and enjoy plenty of root-only apps available out there. Here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
2. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. SuperOneClick (Download the latest version of the app)
1. Download and place all the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin and SuperOneClick archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Root Package file you have downloaded to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the tool.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Power off your device.
8. Turn it back on by holding down the Volume DOWN and plugging it in to your PC via USB cable.
9. You should now be in Download mode.
10. Hit Start in Odin and it’ll start flashing the file.
11. Once the file’s been flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
12. Now run the SuperOneClick app available on your Desktop.
13. Click Root button and it’ll root your device.
14. Say Yes when it asks you if you want to install the BusyBox app.
15. You should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and you should be able to find the Superuser app in your App Drawer.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!