The LG Optimus G Pro is a high-end device that has been available starting last month and features a huge 5.5-inch display, a quad-core 1.7GHz processor with 2GB RAM, and a 13-MP camera. Stellar specs but would be a better device if it was rooted right? If you have the same idea, this guide below will help you achieve the same. Read on then to know how to root your LG Optimus G Pro.
1. This procedure works only on the F240 version of the LG Optimus G Pro before you install the value pack update that is available now. You will not be able to upgrade to the value pack after rooting!
2. There is currently no unrooting solution available; so make sure that you really need root access before you proceed.
3. Back up anything you feel is important and charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
4. Make sure that you have the necessary LG drivers installed before you start.
LG Optimus G Pro Root (optimusforums.com).rar [File attached to this post; requires registration at the site to be able to download]
1. Extract LG Optimus G Pro Root (optimusforums.com).rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Development and tick the USB debugging checkbox.
3. Enable installation of apps from unknown sources. To do this, go to Settings > Security and tick the Unknown sources checkbox.
4. Connect your device to your Windows PC in LG Software mode using the microUSB cable that came with the device. Your PC should install any drivers needed at this point.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on Root.bat to start the procedure.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
At the end of the procedure, your LG Optimus G Pro should be rooted! To verify, look for the SuperSU app in your app drawer or download the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
If you would like to install ClockworkMod Recovery to make/restore backups, etc., head to our post on how to install CWM on the Optimus G Pro.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!