Got a rooted LG Optimus L7 and want to flash a custom recovery on it? No problem, this guide should help you do that. Flashing a custom recovery has many benefits, such as you will be able to flash custom ROMs, Mods and even create backups of your current system. And all these things take place under one roof. Here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on your LG Optimus L7 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Our root guide should help you do that.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. CWM Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place the CWM Package you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the package over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the file named Flash_Bootloader.bat that you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. It’ll unlock the bootloader of your device.
7. Your device should reboot and once it boots up, double-click the Flash_Recovery.bat file.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to flash recovery on your device.
9. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re all set!
Cheers! You’re now rocking the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Optimus L7 and it brings abilities to customize your device even further than just installing some root-only apps!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus L7 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.