Wondering how you can root your LG Optimus L7 running Android Ice Cream Sandwich? Not able to find anything that can help you root your device? No problem, we’re here to help you out. Since the device runs Android ICS, it didn’t take too long for developers to gain root-access on this stylish terminal. And based on that method, here’s our guide on how you can root your LG Optimus L7 smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, you can download them from here.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the file named RunMe.bat that you extracted from the Root Package archive to your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! Your Optimus L7 has been rooted and is now compatible with the apps requiring root!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus L7 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.