When it comes to rooting an Android device, the developers are always ready there to pick-up an exploit and work towards it to get root-access. And once it’s done, they move forward to build a recovery. There’s some good news for the Pantech Element users as they now have a custom recovery as well as root for their device, both come together to help you customize your device. If you own a shiny new Pantech Element and interested in rooting it, here’s how you can do that:
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Element Package (Download link’s available at the bottom of the first post)
2. Superuser (Download link’s available at the bottom of the first post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Element Package archive over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Copy the Superuser file over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the file has been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
7. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
8. Now launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
9. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window you just launched:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery cwm-22.214.171.124-pororo.img
fastboot flash boot element-boot-insecure.img
10. And you’re done!
Awesome! Your device’s been equipped with a custom recovery, now let’s root it:
1. Ensure that the USB debugging option is enabled on your device, now connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by holding down the Shift button and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here.
3. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot recovery
4. Your device will reboot into the newly installed custom recovery.
5. From the Recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
6. Choose the Superuser file you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
7. It’ll start flashing the file on your device.
8. Once the file has been flashed, reboot your device.
9. And you’re rooted now!
Congrats! Your Pantech Element has finally been rooted and equipped with a custom recovery. You may now flash any custom ROM on your device using the recovery you just installed!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Pantech Element to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!