Need to send in your device for any warranty purpose? Want to unroot your device? No problem, here’s how you can do that. While rooting has its own advantages, it does have some disadvantages, such as it voids the warranty of the device you’re rooting. However, unrooting helps users to reinstate the warranty of their devices and get their devices back to stock. This guide shows how you can unroot your Lenovo S880 smartphone and get it back to stock. Here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Stock ROM (Download link’s given in the fourth post)
1. Place the Stock ROM archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. You’ll get another archive from the archive you just extracted, unzip it to your Desktop as well.
4. Extract the target_bin.zip file over to your Desktop as well.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Pull the battery out of your device.
7. Remove SIM card as well as SD card from your device, don’t put them back in until the procedure is done.
8. Plug-in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Double-click on the Flashtool executable file and it’ll launch.
10. Click on Scatter-loading button and choose the MTK6575_Andriod_scatter_emmc.txt file that you got from the target_bin.zip archive.
11. Put checkmarks in all the boxes in the tool.
12. Click on Firmware->Upgrade button and it should begin flashing firmware on your device.
13. Sit back and relax as the tool will do the rest of the work for you.
14. And you’re done!
Excellent! Your Lenovo S880 has been successfully unrooted and is restored to stock firmware.
Image Credit: YugaTech
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.