Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P is exactly same as the Galaxy S2 I9100, but upon doing a deeper inspection, you’ll find that it has a NFC chip. NFC stands for Near Field Communication that allows you to pair your device with other devices and use their services. If you’re wondering how you can enable it on your device, read on to know how:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S2 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device. If you followed the guide linked above, you have it already.
1. NFC Enabler (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the NFC Enabler archive onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the NFC Enabler archive over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together and you’ll enter Recovery mode.
7. From the Recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Select the NFC Enabler zip you copied earlier to your device to be flashed.
9. It’ll flash the file on your device, should take a minute or two to finish.
10. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done!
Great! You’ve successfully enabled NFC on your device and you should now be able to communicate with other NFC enabled devices lying around you!
Image Credit: NFC
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!