TeamWin offers two methods to install TWRP Recovery on your device. Either you can use the GooManager app or you can just flash the recovery directly to your device using your existing recovery. We already have a guide explaining the former procedure and this guide explains the latter one. So, here you go:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our root guide to learn how you can root your device.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. TWRP Recovery (Download the Recovery Installable ZIP)
1. Place the TWRP Recovery archive onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery archive over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the recovery’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. When you see the Android logo on your screen, just press the both Volume buttons.
8. You should now be in stock recovery mode.
9. Select the option to flash zip and choose the TWRP Recovery zip to be flashed on your device.
10. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
11. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your Motorola Defy. Enjoy flashing!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Defy to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.