In order to flash custom ROMs, Mods and other recovery flashable content on your device, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your device. Not all devices are lucky to have a custom recovery, but worry not if you’ve got the LG Optimus Elite. The device’s been blessed with ClockworkMod Recovery, unofficially though. It lets you perform all of the aforementioned actions without any issues and if you’re ready, here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on your LG Optimus Elite smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Optimus Elite procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This should flash the CWM Recovery on your device.
3. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Scroll half-way down and you should see the Download link)
1. Place the ClockworkMod Recovery file on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the CWM Recovery file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Head on over to Google Play and download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
6. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
7. Type in following command into the app to gain root-access:
8. Now issue the following command to flash the recovery:
dd if=/sdcard/part_13_cwm_9_22_17_32.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
9. Close the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
10. Head over to Google Play and download and install the ES File Explorer app on your device.
11. Open the File Explorer from your App Drawer.
12. Head to /system/etc/ directory and rename the install-recovery.sh file to install-recovery.sh.bak.
13. Close the app.
14. You’re done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed the CWM Recovery on your Optimus Elite and you can boot into the same by simply downloading the Quick Boot app!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Elite to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.