So you just bought yourself an LG Optimus Showtime smartphone and wondering how you could go about rooting it? Well, there’s an easy way available to root the aforementioned device and it takes no more than a few seconds to gain root-access on the device. Here’s how:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on RunMe.bat file and it should launch.
6. When it asks you to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. It’ll then begin rooting your device.
8. Once you’re rooted, reboot your device.
9. You’re done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully rooted your LG Optimus Showtime smartphone and all of your root related restrictions have been removed!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!