The Pantech Pocket smartphone runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread out-of-the box and is equipped with some great features. If you look at the camera side, it’s got a 5MP shooter and the ability to shoot videos at HD resolution. While this may not be sufficient for power users, root access has been achieved on this device that opens up doors for many of the root-only apps available out there. Once rooted, you’ll be able to install root-only apps, flash custom recoveries and go above and beyond your expectations. Here’s how you can root your Pantech Pocket:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on SuperOneClick executable file available on your Desktop.
6. Hit Root and it’ll start rooting your device.
7. Once rooted, reboot your device.
8. And you’re done!
Excellent! Your Pantech Pocket has been successfully rooted and SuperOneClick has injected the Superuser app to your device!
Image Credit: PCMag
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.