Need to send in your device for warranty reasons? Make sure you unroot it first to reinstate its warranty and avoid any unexpected questions at the service center. Here’s how you can unroot your LG Optimus Elite smartphone:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 70% of battery life left.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, they’re included in the packages below.
1. KP500 (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. LG Update Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. LG Firmware (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place all three files you downloaded on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the KP500 as well as LG Update Tool archives over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Pull the battery out of your device.
6. Remove the Memory Card as well from your device.
7. Put the battery back in your device.
8. Now while holding down the Volume UP+Volume DOWN buttons, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
9. Your device should now be in Download mode.
10. Double-click on the KP500 executable file available on your Desktop.
11. Choose I. Flash with Assistance (file .cab) option in the tool.
12. In the Phone Model field, enter VM696.
13. Then input the full path to where you have saved the firmware file, i.e, your Desktop. Include the firmware file name as well with its extension.
14. Now enter the full name of the firmware file without its extension.
15. Hit Restart and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
16. Once the firmware’s been flashed, reboot your device.
17. And you should be done!
Awesome! You’ve successfully unrooted your LG Optimus Elite and you’re now back to the stock firmware.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!