Want to overclock your Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone to boost its performance? Great! In earlier days, it was possible to overclock only PCs, but now you can overclock Android smartphones as well using custom kernels. The guide below shows how you can overclock your Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone and speed it up!
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once there, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It will create the backup of your entire ROM and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Faux Kernel (Download the appropriate kernel from the first post)
1. Place the Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the Kernel has been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll go directly into the Recovery mode.
7. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll begin flashing the Kernel on your device.
10. Once the Kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download any of these apps on your device:
2. Once you’ve installed any of the above apps on your device, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Set the CPU speed to a higher level than what it is now.
4. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option until you’re fine with the speed you chose.
5. Once your device becomes stable on a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re done!
Brilliant! Your Galaxy Nexus has been successfully overclocked and now it’s all ready to provide you with much better performance than ever!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the backup file you created earlier to be restored.
5. It’ll begin the restoration process, should take some good time to finish.
6. Once the restoration process is done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Excellent! You’re back to the stock kernel and can’t overclock your CPU anymore!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.