HTC MyTouch 4G users rejoice as your device can now be overclocked. That means, your device will soon be able to provide you far better speeds than ever and that too without much modifications. Here’s how:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the HTC MyTouch 4G procedure to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Start off by heading over to the Google Play and downloading and installing the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create the backup of your entire firmware and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Faux Kernel (Download the appropriate kernel from the first post)
1. Download and place the Faux Kernel zip onto your Desktop. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Faux Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the zip has been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select wipe cache partition followed by Yes.
8. Head to advanced>>Wipe dalvik cache and hit Yes.
9. Get back to the main menu of the recovery.
10. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
11. Choose the Faux Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
12. It should begin flashing the kernel on your device.
13. Once it’s been flashed, reboot your device.
14. You’re done!
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now increase the CPU clock speed in the app as long as your device doesn’t crash.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app.
5. Once your device becomes stable on a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your HTC MyTouch 4G has been successfully overclocked!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Select the most recent backup you have on the list and let it restore it.
5. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
6. You’re all done!
Great! You have successfully restored the system backup, you aren’t overclocked anymore!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.