Maybe you’re device’s not performing well? Or maybe you want to overclock it to get the best speeds it can actually deliver? Either way, this guide should help. Overclocking the HTC Wildfire S is as easy as pie, all you need to do is just follow the following guide and you will be overclocked in no time. Here you go:
1. You must have done our How to Root the HTC Wildfire S procedure before you do this procedure.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Create a backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Sense Fire Kernel (Download link’s given in the second post)
1. Place the Sense Fire Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Sense Fire Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll begin flashing the kernel on your device.
10. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
No-frills CPU Control (recommended)
2. Once installed, open the App from your App Drawer.
3. Now change the CPU frequency a bit higher and see if your device’s stable. Keep on doing so as long as your device’s comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app.
5. Once your device becomes stable on a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully overclocked your HTC Wildfire S and you now have much better speeds than ever!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once there, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup you have there on the list and let it restore.
5. It should take a couple of minutes to finish.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re done!
Cool! You are now back to the stock system with no custom overclocking kernels!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!