Good news for the LG Optimus 2X smartphone users as you can now overclock your 1GHz CPU to run at a faster rate resulting in better performance of the device, obviously without spending a penny. Overclocking actually forces your CPU to run faster and thus you get to enjoy little extra speed of your device. If this sounds interesting to you, here’s how you can overclock your LG Optimus 2X smartphone:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the LG Optimus 2X procedure to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Follow our guide on the same to do that.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app has been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create a backup of your entire firmware and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. CivZ SkyWalker Kernel (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the CivZ SkyWalker Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the CivZ SkyWalker Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll begin flashing the kernel on your device, should take a couple of minutes to finish.
10. Once the Kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Using options available in the app, increase your CPU clock speed as long as your device doesn’t crash.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app.
5. Once you’re fine with a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your Optimus 2X has been successfully overclocked!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option to reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Select the backup file you created in one of the earlier sections to be restored on your device.
5. It should begin restoring the backup on your device.
6. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Great! The backup’s been restored and you’re back to the stock kernel!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.