Have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S Plus smartphone with a custom recovery installed on it? Want to get some little extra speeds out of your device? Great! This guide should help you do just that. Overclocking your device will improve the overall performance of your device and doing so is actually a child’s play, here’s how you can do that:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S Plus procedure to root your device.
2. You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your device. Follow our guide on the same to do that.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create a backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. broodKernel (Download the appropriate kernel from the first post)
1. Place the broodKernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once in Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It will start flashing the kernel on your device, should take only a couple of minutes to finish.
10. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now increase your CPU clock speed using options available in the app. Keep on doing so as long as your device doesn’t crash.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app.
5. Once your device becomes stable at a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all set!
Brilliant! Your device’s been overclocked and enjoy the blazing faster speeds of your device!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Tap the Recovery option to reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup you have there on the list to be restored on your device.
5. Once selected, it’ll begin restoring the backup.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Cool! You’ve just reverted back to the stock kernel! Not a bad decision if you weren’t really comfortable with overclocking!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.