Got your HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE rooted and flashed a custom recovery as well? Great! Now overclock it to get a little extra speed out of your device. Overclocking makes your CPU run at a faster rate and hence ultimately speeds up the overall performance of the device. Here’s how you can overclock your HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE smartphone:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our Root Guide first and root your device.
2. You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app has been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and your device should reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select Backup and make sure to tick-mark all the options available on that screen.
5. Hit Swipe to Back Up and it’ll begin the process of creating the backup.
6. You’re done!
1. Infernal Kernel (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Infernal Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Infernal Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select Install and choose the Infernal Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
8. It should begin flashing the kernel on your device.
9. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re done!
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Using the options available in the app, increase your CPU clock speed and keep on doing so as long as your device is comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app as it may crash your device.
5. Once you find your device to be comfortable at a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your device has now truly been overclocked, enjoy the extra performance of your device!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once there, select Restore and choose the backup file you created in one of the earlier sections.
4. Hit the Swipe to Restore option and your backup will be restored.
5. You’re done!
Brilliant! You’re back to the stock kernel and you no longer can overclock your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.