The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 was released last month and, true to its name, with mega features like a 6.3 inch touchscreen display, a 1.7GHz Krait CPU with 1.5GB of RAM, an 8MP camera and the whole host of goodies that Samsung is known to bundle with its high-end devices. While the device is relatively new, there is already a root solution for it, thanks to our enterprising devs. We will get you a far easier guide to follow as time goes on but for now, here is a way that you can root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 immediately!
1. Back up anything you feel is important before you start.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
1. vcoreroot-v2.tar [Download link available in this post]
1. Extract Odin 1.85.rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to run Odin.
3. Click on the PDA button and browse to the location of the vcoreroot-v2.tar file you downloaded above.
4. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked under the Options section.
5. Put your device into download mode. To do this, with the device off, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons, and on the next screen press the Volume Up key again to enter download mode.
6. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible microUSB cable and wait until any drivers are installed. Once the drivers are installed, Odin should recognize your device and the ID:COM field should turn yellow.
7. Click on Start to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process ends and your device reboots, your Galaxy Mega 6.3 should be rooted! To verify, you could either install the Root Checker from the Play Store or look for the Superuser app in your app drawer.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.