So you want to capture pictures at a place where mobile sound is prohibited? And that shutter sound on your device is preventing you from taking pictures? No problem, we’ve found out a way to this issue and the procedure below explains the whole idea. So here’s how you can turn OFF that pesky shutter sound on your Huawei Ascend P1 smartphone:
1. You must be rooted before you can do this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei Ascend P1 procedure first and root your device, then come back to this one and continue.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the ES File Explorer app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Head to /system/media/audio/ui/ path and look for the following two files:
4. Now tap and hold on the first file — Shutter.ogg — and select Rename.
5. Enter the new name – Shutter.ogg.bak.
6. Now tap and hold on the second file — Shutter_multiple.ogg – as well and select Rename.
7. Rename it to Shutter_multiple.ogg.bak.
8. Close the app.
9. Reboot your device.
10. You’re all done!
Awesome! You’ve successfully turned OFF the camera shutter sound on your Ascend P1 and you’re good to take pictures at any place where mobile sound isn’t allowed!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.