The Sony Xperia Acro S saw itself update recently to solve some issues it had and the version number currently stands at 6.2.B.1.96. Of those who used our guide to root their Acro S, some of you might have noticed that the update broke root access. But now there is a solution to this and the guide below should help you get back your root privileges in no time.
1. This procedure only works on the Sony Xperia Acro S running the 6.2.B.1.96 firmware only; do not try this if you have anything older on your device.
2. As always, back up everything you care about and charge your device to 75% or more before you start.
2. Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.1.96_KernelOnly.ftf (Link available in this post)
3. Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf (Link available in this post)
3. DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip (or latest version, link available in this post)
1. Double-click on flashtool-0.9.11.0-windows.exe you downloaded above and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
2. Copy the Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf file you downloaded above to C:\Flashtool\firmwares on your harddrive.
3. Open the Flashtool application after installation and click on the Flash icon (the one with the thunder symbol).
4. You should be presented with two options: Flashmode and Fastboot Mode. Select Flashmode.
5. Choose Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf and click on OK. Follow the on-screen instructions on how to boot your device into fastboot mode and connect your device. Also, make sure “No Final Verification” is marked.
6. Reboot device.
1. Enable USB Debugging on your device. You can do this by heading to Settings > Development Options > USB Debugging and checking the tickbox next to it.
2. Enable installation of non-Market applications. To do this, go to Settings > Security and check the Unknown Sources tickbox.
3. Connect your device to your Windows PC. At this point, ensure that the Flashtool is not running; if it is running, exit it and check the task manager for any other instances of it running and end them.
4. Extract the DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip that you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on runme_win.bat to run the DooMLoRD tool.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the process to be complete.
Reboot your device and check that the SuperSU app is installed on your device. If it is, you are now rooted!
Follow the same steps listed in section III of this guide but choose Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.1.96_KernelOnly.ftf this time.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.