So the day has finally come when you want to send in your device for warranty reasons because it’s stuck somewhere? No worries, but before you do that make sure you’ve unrooted your device. Unrooting reinstates the warranty of the device and lets you enjoy all those goodies that are available for active warranty holders only. So without further ago, let’s get onto the procedure:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 70% of battery life left, this is to ensure a smoother process.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
Verizon Stock Firmware (type in “SM-N900V” in the search box and the firmware will appear)
Other (please use the drop down on the left of the site to find the firmware for your specific device)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Make sure to uncheck the box labeled as Repartition.
6. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware on your device.
11. The firmware will be flashed within a couple of minutes, sit back and relax.
12. Once the firmware’s been flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
13. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your device’s been restored to the stock firmware that it came with when you purchased it. Your warranty has been reinstated!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.