Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, you’ll be able to:
Interested? Here’s how to root your Xperia Z1 Compact:
1. You need to have custom recovery installed for this guide to work. Follow our guide on the same to help you.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more and back up anything you feel is important before you begin.
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip [or the latest version available on the webpage]
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip to your device’s SD card.
2. Turn off your device and put it into recovery mode. To do this, power on your device as normal and when you see the pink LED notification light, keep pressing either Volume Up or Volume Down until your device boots into recovery mode.
3. Choose Install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Now navigate to the location of UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip and flash it.
5. Go back to the main menu again and select reboot system now. You should find the Superuser app installed in your app drawer, which means you are now rooted.
All set! Now, you can head to our How to Flash a Custom ROM procedure for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to open up a whole new world of customizations for your Android device!
By the way, don’t be scared, you can always put your device back to stock by heading to our Rooting How To’s section, finding your device, and doing the How to Unroot listed for it there.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!