So because of the Tattoo’s unique resolution (240×320) a lot of the apps in the market don’t show up. This is because the majority are made for 320×480 or higher resolution screens. The thing is though, that even if an app is made for 320×480 Android will automatically scale it down to 240×320, so with a simple patch to tell the market that your phone can support resolution 320×480, you now have access to all of the apps 🙂 Here’s how to do it:
I Before You Begin
1. You MUST have rooted your Tattoo. Here’s how if you haven’t done so yet:
2. You must also have ADB Setup:
II. Download and Install the Patch
1. Download the patch for your version of Android. If you are running a cooked or stock ROM with root access on Android 1.6, use the Android 1.6 patch. If you are using a cooked ROM on Android 2.1, use the Android 2.1 patch.
2. Unzip the file and copy the .apk file inside into the Tools folder of your AndroidSDK (you should have this setup from rooting the phone).
3. Plug in the phone and make sure USB Debugging is On in Settings > Applications > Development
4. Open the command prompt on your computer by typing cmd into the search box in the Start menu.
5. Type the following into the command prompt with hitting enter at the end of each line:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
6a. (If using the Android 1.6 patch) – Type the following into the command prompt with hitting enter at the end of each line:
adb push Vending-Tattoo-patched.apk /system/app/Vending.apk
6b. (If using the Android 2.1 patch) –
Type the following into the command prompt with hitting enter at the end of each line:
adb push Vending-Tattoo-patched.apk /system/app/com.android.vending.apk
7. Reboot the phone and enjoy!
Thanks MoneyToo for this great patch!