Sick of waiting for Dell to give you your Android 2.1 update? Well, here’s how to install it manually 🙂
THIS WORKS ON ALL DELL STREAKS, INCLUDING THE US ONE!
1. Do our How To Root the Dell Streak procedure then come back to this one.
1. Do our How To Load a Custom ROM on the Dell Streak procedure and make sure to FLASH MODACO’s CUSTOM ROM from our Dell Streak’s ROM section then return to this procedure.
1. Download the stock recovery image and SAVE IT INSIDE the folder you extracted for installing the custom recovery image in the How To Load a Custom ROM procedure (the folder with fastboot.exe and all the other files directly inside of it).
2. Turn off your phone, take out the battery, then put the battery back in.
3. Turn on the phone by holding down the Camera button and Power, keep holding them until the bootloader screen comes up.
4. Select Fastboot at the top right and then wait 10 seconds.
5. After the 10 seconds, plug the phone into the computer via the USB cable.
6. On your computer, navigate to the folder you extracted for installing the custom recovery image in the How To Load a Custom ROM procedure and hold Shift on your keyboard and then right click the folder (the folder with fastboot.exe and all the other files directly inside of it) then choose “Open a command window here”.
7. Now, in the command prompt window type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.img (that is a zero, not an oh)
8. Once the phone says Recovery Done, take out the battery and put it back in.
9. Turn the phone on by holding down Volume Down, Volume Up and Power at the same time. Keep holding the three buttons until the menu comes up.
10. On the menu, select the second option to update the phone via Update.pkg and wait for it to update. Once done, it will reboot.
1. Download the Dell 2.1 Update Package
2. Plug the phone in via usb cable and mount the sd card so we can transfer files to it.
3. Copy the file to the root of the sd card (not in any folders, just on the sdcard itself), and make sure it is name Update.pkg (yes it needs to be a capital U).
4. Turn off the phone.
5. Turn the phone back on by holding down both Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power until the menu comes up.
6. Select “Software Upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card” to apply the update. Click the Camera button to confirm. Once it is done it should reboot, enjoy!