HTC Amaze 4G, also known as HTC Ruby, is an Android smartphone launched back in November 2011. The phone runs on the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread version which is quite a good version of the OS in terms of functions and performance. When you get your hands on this Amazing Amaze 4G smartphone, you will probably want to root it so you can install apps which require Superuser access, like Barnacle WiFi Tether. Following guide shows you how you can root your HTC Amaze 4G smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Rooting your phone voids it’s warranty, however, it can be gained back by applying either stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
2. Your phone should have at least 50% of battery life left to go through the process without any problems.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download HTC Amaze 4G Drivers from here.
2. Download the Rooting Package from here.
III. Installing HTC Drivers:
1. Double-click the HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe file to launch it.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers.
IV. Rooting HTC Amaze 4G:
1. Extract files from the Root Package to the Desktop of your PC. It will prompt you for the password, which is androidadvices.com.
2. Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
3. Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
4. From the files you have extracted, go to Zerg rush root folder and launch the ZergRushTempRoot.bat file. It will start rooting your phone.
5. When the rooting is done, just disconnect your phone from the PC.
Well done, you have successfully rooted your phone. Now, you can load custom ROMs on your phone as well as you can install apps which require the Superuser access.
If this procedure saved you from hassles of issuing commands to root your phone, then please thank/donate the developer of this root method over at XDA, who provided us the single-click root method.