If you have been using a Samsung Galaxy R smartphone, you would have discovered great apps for it. Some of those apps may have required a rooted phone and if you didn’t have one, you had nothing to do than moving forward to other available apps. Here’s a simple guide showing you how you can root your Galaxy R smartphone to enjoy new apps as well as custom ROMs.
1. You will void your phone’s warranty if you root it. However, you can regain the warranty by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
2. Make sure your phone has enough battery life left so it can last through the entire process.
1. Download the Odin Tool from here.
2. Download the ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.
3. Download the Superuser app from here.
1. Place all the downloaded files on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the Odin Tool and Recovery archives onto your Desktop.
3. Launch the Odin by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
4. Turn OFF your Galaxy R smartphone.
5. Reboot your phone into the download mode. It can be done by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Home+Power keys together.
6. When your phone boots up in the download mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Now, from the Odin, choose PDA tab and select the recovery image file (*.tar) for flashing.
8. Make sure no options are checked in the Odin, hit the Start button to begin flashing recovery.
9. After the recovery has been successfully flashed, your phone will reboot.
The ClockworkMod Recovery has now successfully been installed on your phone. Now, move on to the following procedure to root your phone.
1. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Transfer the Superuser ZIP archive to your phone’s SD card storage. Put the file into the topmost folder.
3. After the file transfer is completed, disconnect your phone from the PC.
4. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
5. Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume UP+Home+Power keys together.
6. From the CWM Recovery menu, choose install zip from sdcard option followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Select the Superuser ZIP file you transferred to your phone in Step-2 and confirm your action.
8. Once the flashing is done, go back to main menu of the recovery and choose reboot system now.
Your phone will reboot and when it boots up, you will have root access on it. From now on, you can load your favorite custom ROMs on your phone and install the apps which require rooted phones. Head over to our Samsung Galaxy R custom ROMs section, you will find great ROMs for your phone there.
If this procedure helped you, then please head over to the official thread over at XDA forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this recovery and root method !
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss