So, you’re the best man in your cousin’s wedding, you’re late, and you don’t know how to tie a tie. Instead of having to ask Grandma Betty to tie it for you, all you have to do is download the How to Tie a Tie app for Android. Disaster averted! This app offers users a universal manual which will teach you how to tie quickly and without stress. Don’t worry about being without style options in this app, as it comes equipped with 12 different styles to choose from.
- Follow simple instructions on how to tie one of 12 different tie styles
- Don’t have to ask anyone for help
- Learn different styles quickly with help of photo guide
- Knot styles include: Atlantic, Diagonal, Four-in-hand, Half Windsor, Kelvin, Oriental, Persian, Plattsburg, Pratt, Simple Double, St. Andrew, Windsor, and Bow Tie
- To learn how to tie additional styles you will have to purchase individually for $2.99
How it works:
- Download the app
- Choose the tie style from dashboard
- Tap on Style to pull up instructions
- Read directions and watch demo
- Follow instructions and presto you have a perfect tie knot
How to Tie a Tie is a simple yet effective app providing both easy to read instructions and helpful video tutorials. The free ad-supported version offers 12 of the most basic knot styles, which should get you through any formal situation. If you really want to step your tie game up and learn some fancier knots, then you will have to break out the credit card for those expensive in-app purchases. I did try every knot the app had to offer and was able to successfully learn all 12 styles on the first try simply using this app. While you may not use How to Tie a Tie frequently, you’ll be happy you downloaded it for the next wedding you have to stand in. Go on and check it out!
How to Tie a Tie is available for free in the Google Play Store. Requires Android 1.6 and higher. Play Link
This is part of our Android App of the Day series. We take our favorite app for Android for each day and post it here for you to check out. Feel free to check out all of our App of the Day posts here.