Most mobile devices come equipped with a basic voice recorder app built-in, but what happens when you need a more advanced feature list for work? Well, before you run out and buy a fancy recording device from Office Depot, we’ve got a robust voice recorder app for Android that will get the job done, and for free. Voice Recorder by Mamoru Tokashiki offers quality voice recordings, easy search and organization options, and the ability to send dictations straight to your Gmail account.
- High quality recordings
- Send a data as attached file via Gmail
- Timer recording
- Search by TITLE and DATE
- Set recordings as ringtones
- Recording by the widget
- Playback pause by stop button long press
- Email dictations right to your Gmail
- Quick and easy to use
- Background recording can make the app unstable and a reboot may be necessary (I keep this option off to avoid issues)
How it works:
- Download the app
- Tap the red record button
- Enter in title for recording
- Select “Send” or “Save and Send”
- Recording can be shared either via Bluetooth or Gmail
- The recording will show up listed under title, date and time, with the length of recording on home screen for quick reference
- Tap on recording to play, send, use it as ringtone, edit the title, or delete
- Hit the menu button to search for recordings by title or date, change or edit the timer recording options, or customize the app’s settings
Voice Recorder is a straight forward, no-frills utility app that works like a charm. There’s no annoying account creation or log in process after you download the app, which means you can start recording right away. The recordings are easily organized right on the app’s dashboard for quick retrieval and playback. You can send and share recordings with one tap, and even send dictations of the recording straight to your Gmail account. I’ve been using this app instead of the default recorder app and haven’t looked back since.
Voice Recorder is available for free in the Google Play Store. Requires Android 1.5 and higher. Play Link
This is part of our Android App of the Day series. We take our favorite app for Android for each day and post it here for you to check out. Feel free to check out all of our App of the Day posts here.