With the recent official upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.1, the Motorola Xoom is currently one of the only two tablets to rock the latest Google OS. This guide will be for those who haven’t upgraded yet and are already rooted and aims to help you preserve your root and bootloader status while enjoying Android 4.1.1 at the same time. Read on to know how.
I. Before You Begin
2. This procedure requires you to have a separate physical microSD card, so keep one inserted into the Xoom before you start.
3. This procedure may require you to do a full wipe/factory reset, so back up any data you feel is important before you proceed.
II. Necessary Downloads
update_US-Xoom-WiFi-4.1.1-JRO03H_stachre_v01.zip [Link available in the first post of this thread]
III. Flashing the Prerooted Stock ROM
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy update_US-Xoom-WiFi-4.1.1-JRO03H_stachre_v01.zip you downloaded above to the SD card.
2. Reboot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, turn on the device when you see the red Moto logo, wait for two seconds and then press and hold down only the Volume Down key until you see ‘Android Recovery’ on the screen. Then press the Volume Up button to enter recovery.
3. You should make a nandroid backup at this point via CWM if you want to go back to your previous ROM.
4. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate and select Wipe cache partition by using the Power button. Confirm on the next screen by selecting Yes – Wipe cache.
5. Go back to the previous menu and select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm on the next screen by selecting Yes – Wipe Dalvik cache.
6. Go back to the main menu and select Install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card.
7. Locate and select update_US-Xoom-WiFi-4.1.1-JRO03H_stachre_v01.zip on your SD card and then confirm installation on the next screen.
8. Once flashed, go back to main menu and select the Reboot system now option.
Once your device restarts, it should be running the latest and the greatest from Google plus you’ll still have your root!!
If your device is stuck in a bootloop after flashing the ROM, try the Wipe data/factory reset option in CWM but beware that you will lose all your data!
All credit goes to stachre for creating the prerooted stock Jelly Bean ROM and if you think he deserves something, donate to him by clicking on his name in his XDA thread!!