Now that you are rooted, flashing custom ROMs is just a step away. This little step is something called a custom recovery which will not only have you flashing ROMs but also making/restoring backups, wipe data/cache, etc. in no time. So read on then to know how to install ClockworkMod Recovery (a very popular custom recovery) on the Samsung Vibrant.
I. Before You Begin
1. Back up any data you feel is important.
2. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your battery charged.
3. You should be rooted for this procedure to work. Use our guide on the same to help you in this regard.
II. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Vibrant
1. Go to the Play Store on your device and install ROM Manager. Alternatively, you can install the same via the desktop version of Play.
2. Open up the ROM Manager app.
3. Click on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. Select Vibrant as the device you are using.
5. Grant superuser access when prompted.
6. Wait for the ROM Manager to finish installing CWM and reboot.
You have now successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Vibrant!
V. Flashing Custom ROMs (Optional)
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.