While rooting your device gives you many advantages, it breaks the warranty of your device at the same time. This has been a common disadvantage with all the rooting procedures. If you unroot your device and get it back to the stock firmware, you can regain the warranty and the following procedure shows how you can unroot your HTC Inspire 4G.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the guide given here.
2. If followed correctly, you should have an unrooted device at the end.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock AT&T ROM (Download link is given in the first post)
III. Unrooting the HTC Inspire 4G:
1. Download and put the Stock ROM file onto your Desktop. Do NOT unzip it, just leave it as is.
2. Connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Stock ROM file to the root folder of your device’s SD card storage.
4. Disconnect your smartphone from the PC after the file has been copied.
5. Disable Fastboot on your smartphone from Menu>>Settings>>Applications.
6. Turn OFF your smartphone.
7. Reboot your smartphone into the HBOOT mode. To do so, press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons simultaneously.
8. Your smartphone will automatically detect the Stock ROM file and ask you if you want to update your device with it. Hit the Yes option.
9. Your smartphone is now unrooted !
Your smartphone’s now running the Stock ROM with no root access.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.