With alone root access on your HTC One V, you can just install root-only apps, but with the help of a custom recovery, you can do some other things as well. Like, you can install custom ROMs and for the security purpose, you can take a backup of your current ROM. All this can be done via custom recovery and here’s how you can install the widely popular ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One V.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One V:
1. Put both the downloaded files onto your Desktop.
2. Rename the Recovery Image you downloaded to recovery.img. It’ll make it easier to remember.
3. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
4. Turn OFF your device using the Power button.
5. Now, while your device is turned OFF, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together to reboot your device into the HBOOT mode.
6. Select the Fastboot option from the HBOOT menu.
7. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
8. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. This can be done by pressing and holding the Shift key on your keyboard and right-clicking on any empty area on the screen, choose the Open command window here option.
9. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. It should install the CWM Recovery on your device.
11. After the recovery is installed on your device, just reboot it by issuing the following command:
12. Your device should reboot.
Great! You now have ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC One V with all of that great features you have been waiting for for a long time.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC One V to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.