The HTC EVO View 4G can be easily rooted using the Revolutionary method and you can flash the custom recovery on it using the same tool. With root access and CWM Recovery on your device, you will be able to enjoy all the root-only apps as well as custom ROMs on your device. If you have made your mind to root the device, here’s how you can do it. The following guide covers how you can root the HTC EVO View 4G using the Revolutionary Method.
1. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
2. You are voiding the warranty of your device by rooting it. If you need the warranty back in future, you can unroot the device.
1. HTC Drivers (Download link’s given in the Step-2)
2. Revolutionary (Fill-in the form and download the tool)
3. Superuser (Scroll all the way down, download link is there)
1. Place all the downloaded files onto your Desktop.
2. Install the Drivers you downloaded, just double-click on the file and it should install.
3. Extract files from the Revolutionary Tool archive to your Desktop.
4. On your device, enable USB debugging by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. If it asks for the connection type, choose Charge only.
7. Right-click on the revolutionary.exe file you just extracted and select Run as administrator.
8. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen and you should have ClockworkMod Recovery on your device at the end.
Great ! You just got the ClockworkMod Recovery flashed on your device, continue to the next section to see how you can root your device.
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser file to the root folder of your device’s SD card. Do NOT put the file in any deep folder.
3. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file is copied.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Remove the battery from your device and then put it back into the device.
6. While your device is turned OFF, press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together and you should enter the HBOOT mode.
7. Select the Recovery option from HBOOT Menu. You should enter the CWM Recovery mode.
8. From the Recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
9. Locate the Superuser file you copied to your device and select it for flashing.
10. Reboot your device using the reboot system now option in the Recovery menu after the file has been successfully flashed.
Excellent! Your device is now rooted.
By following just a few simple steps, you flashed the CWM Recovery as well as rooted your device.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC EVO View 4G to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss