Although the successor of the HTC Wildfire has arrived, named HTC Wildfire S, the former one is still the choice of the new buyers. You must be wondering how HTC thought of such a nice name for the phone, well, actually, the name has been chosen by the users like you and me on a poll over at Facebook. If you happen to own this smartphone, you must have done some great things on it and eventually sometimes messed it up. No problem, you can always return to stock firmware, which unrootes your device as well. The following guide has everything you need to take your phone to the factory state.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device must be S-ON. Here’s a nice guide to do so.
3. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. RUU (Download the appropriate RUU EXE file for your device)
1. Put the RUU file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your HTC Wildfire to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Double-click the RUU file you just downloaded.
4. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
5. Your phone should be unrooted after you have followed all the instructions in the RUU.
Awesome! You’ve unrooted your device by just following five steps. You no longer have ClockworkMod Recovery and Root access on your device, you’re back to stock!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss