After rooting your Huawei Ideos U8150, you should try out some custom ROMs on it. Well, to do so, you’ll need a custom recovery on it. The popular ClockworkMod Recovery is available for this smartphone and installing it doesn’t take more than a minute. All you need is a decent Internet connection and follow our guide.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our guide on how to root the Huawei Ideos U8150.
2. This will install the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Open Menu on your device and tap on the ROM Manager App icon. The app should launch.
3. Tap on the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option in the app.
[ Tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery ]
4. You will see a list of devices for which the CWM Recovery is available. Just choose your device and go ahead.
5. The installation process should begin and you have to wait till it finishes.
6. After the recovery is installed, choose the Reboot into Recovery option. It will reboot your device into the CWM Recovery mode. It confirms that the Recovery is successfully installed.
[ Tap Reboot into Recovery ]
Now you’ve both Root access and a custom recovery on your device, go ahead and try out the custom ROMs made for this device.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ideos U8150 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss