Falling under the $150 price range, the Craig CMP741D Tablet seems pretty packed for such a price point. It features a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display, a 1.3GHz processor with 1GB DDR3 RAM, WiFI, HDMI out and a microSD slot that can support cards of up to 32GB. The OS of choice is Android 4.0 ICS, which is all well and good but if you are looking to get a bit more out of this guy, you might as well root it. And that is just what you can do if you continue reading – root the Craig CMP741D tablet. As a bonus, you can also flash the Google Apps suite you have so sorely missed all these days too!
1. Make sure that you have your device charged to 75% or more before you begin.
2. Back up everything you feel is important just in case.
3. Make sure that you have ADB set up before you start with the procedure. Look to our procedure on this to help with this.
RootThat-ICS.zip [Link available in this post]
1. Enable USB debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Developer Options and tick the Android debugging checkbox.
2. Connect your device to your PC. Windows should install the relevant drivers at this point. If these are not installed, set up ADB and try again.
3. Extract RootThat-ICS.zip to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on windowsstart.bat.
5. Click on the Root Device button.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
At the end of it all, you should have a Craig Tab that is rooted!
1. Follow the same steps as in previous section until Step 4.
2. Click on Install Gapps.
3. Follow-on screen instructions.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss