Have you ever wished if you could enjoy custom ROMs on your LG Optimus Slider smartphone? I’m sure you wished many times but due to lack of proper guidance, you couldn’t get those beautiful ROMs running on your device. You shouldn’t worry as we, actually, the developers, have come up with a custom recovery image that can be flashed on your device to install custom ROMs and in the following guide, we’re going to show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus Slider smartphone.
1. Your device must be rooted in order for the following procedure to work properly. You can check out our how to root the LG Optimus Slider guide.
2. Keep at least 60% of battery level on your device. This is to ensure a successful installation.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Flash Image (Download link is given in the first post)
3. Terminal Emulator (Google Play Link)
1. Download and place the Recovery Image and Flash Image archives on your Desktop.
2. Install the Terminal Emulator App on your device from Google Play. The link is provided above.
3. Unzip files from both the archives, Recovery Image and Flash Image, to the Desktop of your PC.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Transfer the files you extracted from both the archives to the root folder of your device’s SD card.
6. Unplug the device after you’ve transferred the files.
7. Open the Terminal Emulator App on your device from the Main Menu.
8. Type in the following commands into the Terminal Emulator App. Press ENTER after each line you type:
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM701_recovery.img
9. After issuing all of the commands given above, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
10. The device will automatically reboot into the Recovery Mode so you can test it out.
Great! Your LG Optimus Slider now has a custom recovery on it using which you can flash custom ROMs!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Slider to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.