The ClockworkMod Recovery is available for the LG Optimus One P500 smartphone and being in the flashable ZIP format, you can easily install it on your device. Just boot-up into the stock Recovery and flash the CWM ZIP, that’s all. If this sounds a bit tricky to you, here’s a simple guide on how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus One P500 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Optimus One P500 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device has at least 50% of battery life left.
1. CWM ZIP (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the CWM ZIP file on your Desktop. Do NOT extract any files from the archive.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the CWM ZIP file over to the root folder of your device’s SD card storage.
4. Disconnect the device after you’ve copied the file.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot your device into the Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
Note: To navigate in Recovery mode, use the Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons. Use the Power button to make a selection.
7. When inside the Stock Recovery Mode, choose install zip from sdcard option.
8. Navigate to the place where you put the CWM ZIP file and select it for flashing.
9. After it has done installing the recovery, choose reboot system now from Main Menu of the Recovery.
10. You’re all set!
Cool! Your device’s now equipped with ClockworkMod Recovery and the gates to the world of custom ROMs are open for you!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus One P500 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss