Something’s not working properly on your LG Optimus V and going to visit the service center? Hold on, first make sure that your device’s unrooted and it doesn’t have any kind of modification signs. If you unroot your device, the service center employees won’t be able to know that once you had voided the warranty of your device. Here’s how you can unroot your LG Optimus V.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Do NOT try the following procedure if you are running either ZVD or ZVJ firmware.
3. You must have Drivers for your device installed on your PC.
4. Make sure your device is fully charged. The procedure’s going to take some good time.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Unroot Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Unrooting the LG Optimus V:
1. Download and place the Unroot Package on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the package to your Desktop. You can use WinRAR to do so.
3. From the files you extracted, double-click on the file named msxml.msi.
4. It should start the Windows Installer, just follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Turn OFF your smartphone.
6. Reboot your smartphone into the Recovery Mode. This can be done by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power keys together.
7. Connect the smartphone to your PC using the USB cable. Your PC should recognize the device.
8. Double-click on the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe file you have on your Desktop.
9. In the KDZ section, choose the ZV5.kdz file.
10. Choose 3GQCT in the Type section.
11. Choose DIAG in the Phonemode section.
12. Hit the Launch Software Update button in the tool.
13. It should take a while to install the stock firmware on your device.
14. And there you go!
Your phone’s now back to the stock firmware with no root access. Everything is as is as it was when you bought the phone!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.