If you have rooted your Motorola Defy smartphone using our guide, this sequence post should teach you how you can unroot your Motorola Defy using the easiest method available. The procedure to unroot the device won’t take more than a few seconds and at the end of the procedure, you’ll have an unrooted device. Here’s how you can unroot your Motorola Defy.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you rooted it using any other method, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Charge your device to have at least 50% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. z4Root (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Motorola Defy:
1. Download the z4Root APK file to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the z4Root APK file over to the root folder of your SD card. It is the topmost folder.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file is copied.
5. On your device, enable the USB debugging option. To do so, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
6. Now, open the File Manager on your device and locate the APK you copied earlier. Tap on it to install it on your device.
7. After the app is installed on your device, launch it from Menu.
8. Tap on Un-root button in the app.
9. It should then begin unrooting your device and when it’s done, your device should reboot.
10. You should be unrooted now!
Great! Your device has been successfully unrooted using the z4Root app. The warranty you lost after rooting the phone is now back and the phone is now as original as it was when you purchased it!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.