While almost all the Android smartphone users are enjoying ICS or Jelly Bean features on their devices, Motorola CLIQ 2 users are feeling a bit unlucky as they’re still running on the Android Gingerbread. Well, you don’t have to be sad any longer as after rooting your device, you’ll be able to load custom ROMs on your device just like those other smartphone users. Let’s start the procedure to root your Motorola CLIQ 2 smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reclaim the warranty of your device by unrooting it.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. Make sure your device is charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
4. You must have Drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. Root Tools (Download link’s given in the second post)
1. Download and place the Root Tools archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device. To do so, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the executable file you extracted from the archive.
6. Now, hit the Root My Phone button given at the bottom-left corner in the tool.
[ Tap on the Root My Phone button ]
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Your device should be rooted now!
Wonderful! In just a few seconds, you’ve rooted your Motorola CLIQ 2 smartphone. You can now provide the Superuser access to the apps requiring it!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.