If you’re fed up with root access on your Motorola CLIQ and you don’t seem to find it interesting anymore, you should unroot it. By unrooting the device, you’re going to get your warranty back and take the phone to the state it was when you took it out of the box. If this is something you’ve been looking for, then go ahead and follow our guide on how to unroot the Motorola CLIQ.
1. You should have rooted your device using the guide given here.
2. Charge your device fully before doing this procedure.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Motorola Drivers (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. RSD Lite (Grab the latest version from first post)
3. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Download and place all the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Motorola archive to your Desktop.
3. Install the required drivers.
1. Extract files from the RSD Lite archive to your Desktop. You should get a .msi file.
2. Double-click on the .msi file and it should launch the Windows installer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation.
4. Launch the RSD Lite Tool on your PC.
5. Now, extract files from the Stock Firmware you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
6. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. In the RSD Lite Tool, choose your phone model and the stock firmware file (shx) you extracted on your Desktop.
8. Hit the Start button and it should begin flashing the stock firmware on your device.
9. Your device should reboot when it’s done.
10. You’re all done!
Amazing! Your phone’s now back to the stock firmware. Needless to say, it’s not rooted and doesn’t have any kind of custom apps loaded on it.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss