Unrooting the Motorola Droid 3 is as simple as rooting it, just download the tool on your PC and press the button given inside the tool. While this seems so easy to intermediate users, some of our new friends still need a bit of help to get the job done. So for those, here we have a guide on how to unroot the Motorola Droid 3 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you rooted it using any other method, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Pete’s Motorola Root Tools (Download link’s given in the second post)
1. Download and place the Root Tool archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Root Tools executable file and it should launch.
6. From inside the tool, click on Unroot My Phone button as shown below:
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you’re unrooted now!
Your device has successfully been unrooted in just a few seconds, thanks to the developers of the tool.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.