It’s always a good idea to get your device back to stock if you ever need to turn it in for a check at the service center. This will prevent the center from denying you service saying you have rooted or installed a custom ROM/recovery on your handset. We’ll cover the Samsung Galaxy R this time and help you get it back to stock if you ever feel the need to. Read on to know how.
I. Before You Begin
1. You will lose all your data as you’ll be flashing a stock firmware, so back up anything you feel is important before you begin.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin to prevent problems during the flashing process.
3. This procedure will help you install Android 4..0.4 (the latest official firmware) on your Galaxy R.
II. Necessary Downloads
2. Select and download the relevant firmware (based on your region and carrier) from here. This guide will use the I9103XXLQ7_I9103DRELP3_DRE.zip file to show you the procedure.
III. Flashing Stock Recovery
1. Power down your device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until your device enters Download Mode.
3. Extract I9103XXLQ7_I9103DRELP3_DRE.zip to a folder on your desktop. You should end up with two files called I9103XXLQ7_I9103DRELP3_I9103XXLQ3_HOME.tar.md5 and SS_DL.dll.
4. Extract the Odin 1.85.rar file you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to run the tool.
6. Click on PDA button, locate I9103XXLQ7_I9103DRELP3_I9103XXLQ3_HOME.tar.md5 and click on OK to load it on Odin.
7. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable. Odin should now recognize your device and light up the ID:COM field yellow to signify this. If not, reinstall the proper drivers and try again.
8. Make sure that the Re-Partition and Flash Lock are unchecked; this is important as you might brick your device if these options are ticked!
9. Click on Start.
Once Odin says PASS and your device reboots, your Galaxy R should be as new as the day you bought it [except for the scratches and dints you accumulated].
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.