Rooting the Motorola Photon 4G has been much easier, all thanks to the developer for providing us with a one-click root method. With root access on your device, you won’t just be able to install root-only apps, you’ll also have access to custom ROMs if you install a custom recovery. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can root your Motorola Photon 4G. Let’s get started:
1. You’ll void the warranty of your device if you root it. However, unrooting will help you get your warranty back.
2. Make sure the battery level on your device is not less than 60%.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package to your Desktop. Do NOT run any files just yet.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Make sure that your device isn’t mounted as a drive on your PC.
6. Next, double-click on the PrevailToExistance.bat file you placed on your Desktop.
7. Follow any instructions you see on your screen.
8. And you’re rooted now!
Wow! You have successfully got the root access on your Photon 4G device. There’re a lot of things you can do with your device now, you can start with flashing a recovery.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Photon 4G to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss