The Huawei U8652 smartphone was launched back in March, 2012 and it runs on the AT&T network. With presence of almost all the connectivity options on the device, you can share whatever you have on your device with the friends sitting around you. Sharing never ends, with that said, you should root your device as this will let you have more control over what you share and how you share, using the apps that just work on rooted phones only. Rooting voids the warranty of your device but if you aren’t concerned about it, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device.
2. You must have ADB installed on your PC. Check out our guide on how to setup ADB.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Unlock Root (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei U8652:
1. Download and place the Unlock Root archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
5. Open the Dialler on your device and dial the following number:
6. It should open the Service mode on your device.
7. In the Service mode, tap on Project Menu>>Background Settings>>Log Settings.
8. Enable Log Switch and Log Level Settings to verbose.
9. Get back to the main menu of the service mode.
10. Head to Dump>>Log and checkmark all the boxes in there.
11. Once you’re done with it, reboot your device.
12. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
13. Double-click on the UnlockRoot.exe file you extracted to your Desktop earlier.
14. Click on Unlock Root button in the tool.
15. It should start rooting your device.
16. And you’re rooted now!
Wonderful! Although the procedure seemed to be a bit difficult for the novice users, especially the first few steps, finally you’ve root access on your device!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.