After you’ve rooted your device, the next step towards customization is install a custom recovery. You might think why you need a custom recovery when you already have a (stock) recovery, well, the former one has much more to offer you than the latter one. Features ranging from installing custom ROMs to taking backups, a custom recovery is like a life-saver for your smartphone. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery is as easy as using it, just follow our guide below and you’ll get it up and running on your LG myTouch E739 device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the LG myTouch E739 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG myTouch E739:
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link given above. It’s free!
2. Once it’s installed on your device, launch it from the App Drawer.
3. The first screen should look like following, tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
[ Tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery ]
4. A list of devices will appear on your screen, choose Lg Optimus SOL/TMo LG Mytouch.
5. Let it download and flash the recovery on your device, it should take some good time.
6. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
7. And you’re good to go!
Brilliant! The CWM Recovery has successfully been installed on your device. A few taps and you’re on the way to the world of custom ROMs!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG myTouch E739 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.