The company behind the successful gaming console known as PlayStation, Sony, has launched some smartphones under its Xperia lineup in recent time. Though these smartphones can’t provide as good gaming experience as the PlayStation does, you can still enjoy some great games on these phones. Recently, a developer came up with a Game Mod that enhances the gaming experience on these phones. Once installed, you’ll be able to play the games lag-free, with full graphics and all. To install full game mods on your Xperia device, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Sony Xperia U, P, Sola and Go smartphones.
2. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our Sony How Tos section to find out the rooting procedure for your particular device.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device. Search our site for it and you should get it.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Game Mod (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Terminal Emulator (Google Play Link)
III. Installing Full Game Mods on the Xperia Lineup Smartphones:
1. Download the Game Mod ZIP file to the Desktop of your PC. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Game Mod ZIP over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the file’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
5. Install the Terminal Emulator app on your device using the link provided above.
6. Once it’s installed, launch it from Menu.
7. In the Terminal Emulator, type in following commands:
8. The device should reboot into Recovery mode.
9. Once inside the Recovery, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
10. Select the Game Mod file you copied earlier to your device.
11. Let it finish flashing the file.
12. After it’s installed, choose Wipe dalvik cache from the Recovery menu.
13. Once the cache’s wiped off, choose reboot system now.
14. The device should reboot.
15. You’re done!
Wonderful! From now on, you’ll get much better gaming experience on your Sony device, all thanks to the mod!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.