What can a smartphone priced at $99 offer you? Well, the Huawei’s U8180 has a lot to offer its users and with the development community around, the phone has really gotten some taste of custom ROMs, too. These custom ROMs cooked by the enthusiasts have much more to provide you than what your stock firmware has and to use such ROMs, you’re going to need a custom recovery. Don’t be afraid, the developers have also made it available for the device and to make it supereasy, following is the guide that shows how you can install the famous ClockworkMod Recovery on your Huawei U8180 smartphone. Let’s get started.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei U8180 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure you have charged your device to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei U8180:
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above, it’s free.
2. Once installed, launch it from the App Drawer.
3. Tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option in the app.
4. It should ask you to choose your device from the list. Select Huawei U8160.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. You’re all set!
Awesome! The ROM Manager has successfully flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device and you can now install any of your favorite custom ROMs on the device!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei U8180 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.